For clinicians who are committed to improving quality of life for their patients, the range of 3M™ Tegaderm™ Foam Adhesive and Non-Adhesive Dressings helps deliver a solution helping to provide patient comfort, rapid absorption and protection against infection.
The 3M™ Tegaderm™ Foam Dressing is gentle to delicate skin, allows for increased wear time – due to its excellent fluid handling capabilities – and helps protect against bacterial and viral contamination.
The layers of the dressings
1. Breathable Film
A waterproof film that is moisture vapour permeable which helps prevent wound exudate strike-through and acts as a barrier to outside contamination, including bacteria and viruses.1
2. Super absorbent layer
Absorbs and retains moisture away from wound, reducing the risk of maceration.
- Increase absorbency by 100%
- Minimises backward moisture migration
3. Moisture-control layer
Enables rapid evaporation of excess moisture out of the dressing, extending wear times.
- Distributes moisture
- Facilitates evaporation
- Maintains moisture balance
4. Soft, absorbent foam layer
Absorbs and rapidly wicks excess moisture away from the wound and periwound skin.
- Helps protect wounds
The four layers on the 3M™ Tegaderm™ High Performance Foam Dressing work to adapt to changing levels of exudate and maintain moisture balance for optimal wound healing.
What are the benefits of the dressings – for both the patient and the clinician?
- Reduce the risk of infection due to 3M™ Tegaderm™ Foam Dressing film backing which helps protects against external bacterial and viral contamination
- Provide fast uptake and excellent exudate handling capabilities, thereby reducing leakage and unscheduled dressing changes
- Allow patients to shower and lead their normal life while wearing dressing
- 3M™ Tegaderm™ Foam Adhesive Dressing for heels (90619) is low profile, allowing shoes and socks to be worn
- Stay in place even on difficult to dress areas, such as heels and elbows, increasing dressing wear time
- Provide fast absorption of exudate, reducing the risk of maceration and the potential for skin breakdown
- Allow for one-handed application and feature a unique spoke delivery system to save clinical time
Indications for the 3M™ Tegaderm™ Foam Dressings:
- Pressure ulcers
- Neuropathic and arterial leg ulcers
- Under compression bandage systems for venous ulcer treatment
- Skin tears and abrasions
- Skin graft donor sites
3M™ Tegaderm™ High Performance Foam Dressing has been designed to be an excellent partner for 3M™ Coban™ 2 Layer Compression Bandages.
To learn more about 3M™ Tegaderm™ Foam Dressings and the 3M™ Coban™ 2 Layer Compression Systems, visit our website www.3M.ca/AdvancedWoundCare
- In vitro testing shows that the transparent film of 3M™ Tegaderm™ brand dressings provides a viral barrier from viruses 27 nm in diameter or larger while the dressing remains intact without leakage