As a health care provider, you have nerves of steel, and that’s a good thing, because day-in and day-out, you are the first point of contact for patients presenting with wounds.
Whether acute or chronic, minor or major, you are your patients’ best advocate: helping them to heal comfortably and with dignity.
Clear Acrylic Dressings for Advanced Wound Care
3M™ Tegaderm™ Absorbent Clear Acrylic Dressings are designed to help health care providers promote healing at the same time as providing patients with as much comfort as possible.
3M™ Tegaderm™ Absorbent Clear Acrylic Dressings are indicated when caring for wounds such as:
- Pressure ulcers
- Skin tears
- Donor site incisions
- Superficial burns
- Post-surgical incisions
This dressing may also be used as a protective dressing on at risk, undamaged skin or skin beginning to show signs of damage from friction or shear.
What makes 3M™ Tegaderm™ Absorbent Clear Acrylic Dressings different?
- Transparent – the wound can be inspected at any time and the healing process monitored without having to change the dressing.
- Efficient Absorption – distinctively higher absorption than most other hydrocolloid dressings due to innovative wound-management technology.*
- Extended Wear Time – can be worn until the dressing leaks, loses adhesion or needs to be removed for wound inspection.
- Film Adhesive Border – provides good adhesion for most clinical situations. Special moist skin adhesive provides adhesion even in moist skin conditions.
- Economical in its Application – less frequent dressing changes may save nursing time and supply cost.
- Superior Overall Fluid Handling Capacity
*Data on file.
- Bottom Layer: Wound exudate moves through perforations in the bottom layer of Tegaderm™ Transparent Film, which is coated with a moist-skin adhesive
- Middle Layer: Through the process of diffusion, wound exudate is absorbed into the patented, clear, acrylic polymer pad
- Top Layer: Moisture vapour is released through the top, breathable, waterproof layer of Tegaderm™ Transparent Film, which is impervious to liquids, bacteria, and viruses, providing an effective barrier to external contaminants
Waterproof & Washable: Being unable to bath or shower because you have suffered a wound is like adding insult to injury. 3M™ Tegaderm™ Absorbent Clear Acrylic Dressings are waterproof, so patients can regain their sense of normalcy and maintain cleanliness.
Gentle Removal: 3M™ Tegaderm™ Absorbent Clear Acrylic Dressings are gentle on skin.
Less frequent dressing changes: Better comfort for the patient due to less manipulation of the dressing during the patient wear.
Learn more about 3M™ Tegaderm Absorbent Acrylic Dressings with this Patient Brochure
Health Care Provider Uses
- Over skin tears and superficial traumatic wounds.
- As a primary dressing over partial and full thickness dermal ulcers including skin tears and pressure ulcers.
- As a primary dressing over skin graft donor sites.
- As a secondary dressing cover over wounds requiring an absorbent wound filler.
- As a primary dressing over surgical incisions.
About the Author
[enBio=Across the globe, 3M helps companies and individuals succeed every day. All while contributing to true global sustainable development through environmental protection, corporate and social responsibility and economic progress. We are applying our science to make a real impact in every person's life around the world.],[enJob=Science. Applied to Life.],[frBio=Chaque jour, 3M aide les entreprises et les gens à réussir. Tout cela en contribuant au développement durable réel par le biais de la protection de l'environnement, la responsabilité sociale en entreprise et le progrès économique. Nous appliquons notre science afin de faire une différence réel dans la vie de chaque personne dans le monde.],[frJob=]Follow on Twitter More From 3M Canada