Any surgical procedure is a complex, collection of variables – patient warming is no exception.
Patients come in many different shapes and sizes, and different surgical positions require them to take different positions. You know the benefits of patient warming. But with so many types of temperature monitoring devices available, how do you select the right product for the patient and their procedure?
You need a warming blanket that can adapt.
Introducing a bendable warming blanket
The 3M™ Bair Hugger™ Brand has become renowned for using evidence to help clinicians make the right choices for their patients. The proven system has now introduced a bendable warming blanket that case be used for multiple upper-body procedures: the 3M™ Bair Hugger™ Multi-position Upper Body Warming Blanket.
The uniquely bendable technology was designed based on feedback from healthcare professionals who needed a single, easy-to-use product that would deliver consistent performance – regardless of the patient or procedure.
The warming blanket bends and conforms while providing uniform temperatures. This allows clinicians to optimize patient body surface coverage to help maintain normothermia. The blanket is engineered to deliver improved heat transfer in a wide range of surgical procedures.1,2
Multiple procedures and positions with one warming blanket
The bendable qualities of the 3M™ Bair Hugger™ Multi-position Upper Body Warming Blanket can be adapted to multiple surgical positions for a variety of procedures including:
- Supine: abdominal, lower limb, elbow, shoulder, clavicle, neck, wrist/hand/arm
- Lateral: lower limb, hip, buttocks, back, shoulder
- Prone: back, buttocks/perineum, lower limb
- Lithomy: vaginal, abdominal with lithotomy and access to perineum
- Robotics: vaginal, abdominal with lithotomy and access to perineum
- Beach chair: shoulder, clavicle, neck, arm
How to use the bendable warming blanket*
- Once positioning is complete, place the blanket on the patient – the small holes should be in contact with the patient’s skin.
- Bend and fit the blanket to the patient and cover the most skin surface possible.
- Remove adhesive strip backing and stick to patient in the required location (adhesive strip toward surgical site).
- Unfold the head drape and place over the patient’s head and neck – only if the patient is mechanically ventilated.
- Connect hose to blanket using desired port and secure with cord tether and clamp
- Turn on the warming unit to inflate the blanket and begin therapy.
*See the product’s Instructions for Use for warnings, cautions and other important information.
Patient warming questions? We can help.
To try out any of our warming solutions, please fill out the form below.
1. 3M data on file.
2. 89% (72 of 81) of clinical users indicated the product offers optimal patient body surface coverage. 3M data on file.
About the Author
[enBio=Across the globe, 3M helps companies and individuals succeed every day. All while contributing to true global sustainable development through environmental protection, corporate and social responsibility and economic progress. We are applying our science to make a real impact in every person's life around the world.],[enJob=Science. Applied to Life.],[frBio=Chaque jour, 3M aide les entreprises et les gens à réussir. Tout cela en contribuant au développement durable réel par le biais de la protection de l'environnement, la responsabilité sociale en entreprise et le progrès économique. Nous appliquons notre science afin de faire une différence réel dans la vie de chaque personne dans le monde.],[frJob=]Follow on Twitter More From 3M Canada