As a dentist, your patients rely on you to improve the form and function of their dentition and relieve them from pain. When teeth require root canal therapy, the endodontic restorative process can be complex. The more variables involved in the process, the more opportunities for error.
Dental professionals rely on technologies and products that can help them execute post and core procedures more efficiently, while also delivering higher quality outcomes for their patients. When thinking about recommended procedures, they look for processes that are not only efficient, but simplified and backed with technologies that support longevity – you want your work to last.
Here’s a recommended procedure.
A simplified endodontic procedure
3M has developed an efficient 4-step post and core dental procedure that is not only simpler, but also faster and more reliable than many endodontic restorative processes.
The basic procedure is as follows:
- Fill the root canal in just one step with RelyX™ Unicem 2 Automix Self-Adhesive Resin Cement.
- Insert the RelyX™ Fiber Post 3D Glass Fiber Post.
- Apply one coat of 3M™ Scotchbond™ Universal Adhesive.
- Complete core build-up with Filtek™ One Bulk Fill Restorative.
The benefits of the 4-step post and core solution:
1. Efficient procedures
- Faster than other post and core solutions.1
- RelyX™ Fiber Post 3D offers excellent radiopacity for better post position control.2
2. Simplified processes
- RelyX™ Unicem 2 Automix Self-Adhesive Resin Cement offers excellent bond strength and saves time because you don’t need to etch, prime or bond. 3
- It’s easy to build-up a void free core with Filtek™ One Bulk Fill Restorative.4
- Higher mechanical retention to the core build-up material with RelyX™ Fiber Post 3D due to the 3D macro retention.3
Want to learn more?
Fill out the form below to contact a 3M representative to learn more about the benefits of this 4-step endodontic procedure solution.
1-5. 3M data on file
About the Author
[enBio=Charles has over 30 years’ experience working in the industry. He joined 3M Canada in the research and development lab where he aided in the development of dental glass ionomers – a dental restorative material. Charles’ expertise has taken him all over the world lecturing on dental materials and techniques to help enhance dental procedures.],[enJob=Scientific Affairs Manager, Oral Care Division, 3M Canada],[frBio=Charles détient plus de 30 ans d’expérience au sein de l’industrie Il s’est joint au laboratoire de recherche et développement de 3M Canada où il a participé à la mise au point de verres ionomères - un matériau de restauration dentaire. L’expertise de Charles l’a amené à voyager dans les nombreux pays où il a présenté des conférences sur les matériaux dentaires et les techniques qui aident à améliorer les procédures dentaires.],[frJob=Directeur des services professionnels, Soins dentaires 3M, Compagnie 3M Canada]More From Charles Hudson