New from 3M, the Projected Capacitive Multi-Touch Displays Incorporating Proprietary Ultrafine Metal Mesh Touch System Conductor Design Unleashes New Commercial Possibilities for Large-Format Digital Signage and Retail Displays
3M is unveiling its new line of Projected Capacitive Multi-Touch Displays that incorporates the company’s proprietary ultrafine metal mesh touch system conductor design.
At the core of the new 3MTM Multi-Touch Displays and systems offering is the proprietary design of the ultrafine metal mesh touch system conductor – a step change in sensor optical performance, responsiveness and durability. When paired with 3MTM Multi-Touch Controller PX5000, this touch system has the speed and responsiveness necessary for today’s digital signage and collaboration applications. The technology was developed by leveraging 3M science through the use of advanced optical modeling and capacitive sensing techniques during the company’s 30 years of service to the display and touch industry.
“Consumers want exciting digital interfaces with more natural multi-touch interaction,” said Scott Hagermoser, global business manager, 3MTM Touch Systems. “Our new multi-touch displays offer systems integrators and value added resellers a fully-integrated, fast, accurate and interactive multi-touch display that helps make digital signage come alive like never before.”
The new, ultrafine metal mesh touch system conductor design technology will be available on the company’s display products, ranging from 32- to 65-inches. This new technology breaks through previous technology barriers by maintaining high image quality and multi-touch responsiveness, and minimizing many known problems in other metal mesh PCAP systems, such as moiré and sparkle. The displays are durable enough for harsh commercial environments and 24/7 public use.
Notable features of the new 3MTM Projected Capacity Multi-Touch Displays include:
- A fully-integrated chassis solution with 3M proprietary ultrafine metal mesh design; Highly tuned, multi-touch functionality that supports up to 80 simultaneous touch points
- Exceptional optical clarity, regardless of viewing angle
- A sleek, all-glass front surface featuring a bezel-free edge and modern design aesthetic
- Strengthened sensor glass to withstand the rigors of public environments and harsh conditions
- Customization for 2K and 4K applications across a wide range of sizes and display technologies
- The ability to accommodate many display orientations, including landscape, portrait, tabletop and various tilt angles.
- An easy-to-clean, virtually “no wear” surface that provides operation unaffected by surface scratches
- An anti-glare surface for table-top applications or strong ambient lighting environments
- Operating systems compatibility with Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP, Linux and Mac OS
- Stable, life-cycle product availability
For more product information the New 3M PCAP Multi-Touch Displays with Ultrafine Metal Mesh Design, please contact: 1-800-364-3577
Stay up to date on 3M Electronics, including new products and promotions, please provide your contact information below:
The 3M Display Materials & Systems Division provides innovative touchscreen systems and displays to customers worldwide. 3M touch products are commonly used for single- and multi-touch applications that include interactive digital signage, foodservice, hospitality, industrial, healthcare, retail point of sale and self-service. Learn more about 3M Touch solutions at www.3M.com/PCAP and www.3M.com/touch.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin Visit Website More From 3M Canada