The sun is shining and the birds are singing. It’s the perfect time to set up camp.
Whether you’re an experienced outdoor pro or you’re attempting your first camping adventure, 3M science can help you feel right at home - even in the middle of the wilderness.
Science in the great outdoors: our best seven camping hacks
- Has your tent got a tear? No worries! Use 3M™ Duct Tape, a dependable problem solver, to temporarily patch things back up.
- Lost track of your essentials in the trunk of your car? Use Scotch® Expressions Tape and Post-it® Super Sticky Notes to label and organize all of the items you need for your trip.
- Don’t let pesky twigs stand in the way of your perfect camp site. Use Scotch® Precision Ultra Edge Non-Stick Scissors to bust through the brush. The blades are highly resistant to corrosion and stay sharp beyond 100,000 cuts.
- Protect your precious hammock and chairs from the elements. Use Scotchgard™ Water & Sun Shield to help keep them from fading in the sun.
- The best part of camping? The snacks. You love munching on your favourite bags of chips out in the wild. But with all the water sports, the threat of them going soggy is very real. Use 3M™ General Purpose Masking Tape to temporarily seal your packages and help keep your snacks fresh till the end of the trip.
- Keep your barbecue tools handy while you fire up the grill. Hang your BBQ brush or tongs right off the barbeque with Command™ Medium Outdoor Wire Hooks. They’re designed to withstand extreme temperatures, UV rays, and water.
- Scouting for the perfect place to hang your solar lights? Stick on some Scotch® Outdoor Fasteners and let them do the trick. These stick to a variety of surfaces, whether wet or dirty.