If we don’t have quality, we don’t have a company.
That’s how important safety and quality assurance are in the food and beverage manufacturing industry.
At Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL), we are a producer owned, co-op with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities across Prince Edward Island (PEI). We process close to 100 million litres of fresh island milk each year for customers in Canada, the United States, Asia, and the Caribbean.
No matter where they’re located, the one thing our customers have in common is that they trust the quality of our products. We’ve built our reputation on our commitment to quality. It’s crucial that our labs are equipped with the best food safety and quality assurance technologies.
That’s why we trust the science behind 3M food safety testing technologies.
Why we choose 3M food safety testing products.
ADL has been using 3M food safety testing products for as long as I can remember. It’s hard for me to even think of a time when we weren’t using 3M™ Petrifilm™ Plates in our lab.
There’s a very good reason. With 3M, we always know what we’re getting – and we’re getting a lot:
- Speed: 3M food testing technologies are fast. Timely results are important to our lab and quality staff because it gives them more time to perform additional tasks and implement more extensive quality programs.
- Accuracy: 3M’s streamlined approach to food safety testing means our microbiologists get consistent and reliable results.
- Efficient: It’s easy to train new staff on 3M food safety testing products, which means we can onboard new microbiologists faster. We’re currently undergoing a large expansion so this is especially important as we are scaling our team quickly.
- Simplicity: 3M food safety testing products help simplify our testing processes. For example, it used to take three traditional agar plates to test for Staphylococcus. When we switched to 3M™ Petrifilm™ Staph Express Count Plates, we just needed one plate. Now, we are not only able to use less product, but also complete the test in fewer steps.
- Reliability: Customers who purchase our private label branded products often require proof of validation. 3M provides these validations – an important step in our quality assurance process.
- Market intel: Both the food and beverage market and the associated food safety regulations change frequently. 3M is constantly monitoring and responding to these shifts. Their transparent and timely communication has created strong, collaborative relationship between us that has been essential to our growth.
Our food safety testing go-to products.
Which specific 3M products do we stock in our labs? Here is the list of products I would recommend that best meet our needs for the dairy industry:
- 3M™ Petrifilm™ Yeast & Mold Count Plate
- 3M™ Petrifilm™ Aerobic Count Plates
- 3M™ Petrifilm™ Environmental Listeria Plate
- 3M™ Petrifilm™ E. coli/Coliform Count Plates
- 3M™ Petrifilm™ Rapid Coliform Count Plates
- 3M™ Petrifilm™ Coliform Count Plates
- 3M™ Petrifilm™ Staph Express Count Plates
- 3M™ Clean-Trace™ Surface ATP Test Swabs
- 3M™ Sponge-Stick, SSL10DE, D/E Neutralizing Broth, 10 mL
Find out if 3M food safety testing products are right for you.
About the Author
[enBio=Terri joined Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) over 28 years ago and leads on a cross-functional team focused on ensuring quality and safety standards quality assurance. Working across the six different ADL facilities, Terri is constantly evaluating food safety testing processes for improved efficiency and accuracy.],[enJob=Quality Assurance Manager, Amalgamated Dairies Limited][frBio=Terri s’est jointe à Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) il y a plus de 28 ans et dirige une équipe multidisciplinaire axée sur l’assurance de la qualité des normes de sécurité et de qualité. Alors qu’elle travaille dans les six installations d’ADL, Terri évalue constamment les processus d’analyse de sécurité alimentaire pour améliorer l’efficacité et la précision.],[frJob=Directrice, Assurance de la qualité, Amalgamated Dairies Limited]More From Terri McNeill