New and innovative products are only worth their salt when they help solve the problem they were intended to solve.
For several years, digital scanning technology has been generating buzz as one of the most exciting new products to enter dental offices – helping to ease the awkward and often challenging process of gathering dental impressions.
But how effective are digital dental scanners really?
Listen to Dr. Leishman Review the 3M™ True Definition Scanner in this 3 Minute Video
In this short video, taken at the 2016 Pacific Dental Conference, Dr. Mark Leishman shares his experience using the 3M™ True Definition Scanner – a technology he’s integrated into his regular practice for the past two years.
Listen as he explains why he chose the system, how his office implemented the scanner and what recommendations he would make to his peers who are considering adding one to their practice.
Read the Synopsis of the Dr. Leishman Interview
According to Dr. Leishman, these are the advantages he’s experienced:
- System helps save time
- Helps reduce the lab turnaround time
- Easy to use and more comfortable for patients with a high gag reflex
- Does not require stone models
- Helps save money
- Includes an innovative design that provides for a better overall experience
- Great training by 3M on how to get a clear scan path and how to troubleshoot issues
These are some of the challenges he came across during the implementation of the switch to a digital scanning technology:
- Getting over the mindset of not doing convential/tradition impressions
- Understanding there is a learning curve
- Training staff on the new system, including what new tasks they have to take on and what other tasks are no longer required
- Controling scanning environment such as moisture control
- Understanding isolation and preparation
Ready to form your own impression?
Book a personalized 3M™ True Definition Scanner demo now:
Learn more about the 3M™ True Definition Scanner
About Dr. Mark Leishman
Dr. Leishman graduated from the University of Alberta in Edmonton in 2007. Since then he has maintained a full-time private practice as a general dentist in Pincher Creek, AB. Dr Leishman has been using digital dentistry in his practice since 2014.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin Visit Website More From 3M Canada