The sun is shining and the birds are singing. It’s the perfect time to set up camp.
Whether you’re an experienced outdoor pro or you’re attempting your first camping adventure, 3M science can help you feel right at home - even in the middle of the wilderness.
Science in the great outdoors: our best seven camping hacks
- Has your tent got a tear? No worries! Use 3M™ Duct Tape, a dependable problem solver, to temporarily patch things back up.
- Lost track of your essentials in the trunk of your car? Use Scotch® Expressions Tape and Post-it® Super Sticky Notes to label and organize all of the items you need for your trip.
- Don’t let pesky twigs stand in the way of your perfect camp site. Use Scotch® Precision Ultra Edge Non-Stick Scissors to bust through the brush. The blades are highly resistant to corrosion and stay sharp beyond 100,000 cuts.
- Protect your precious hammock and chairs from the elements. Use Scotchgard™ Water & Sun Shield to help keep them from fading in the sun.
- The best part of camping? The snacks. You love munching on your favourite bags of chips out in the wild. But with all the water sports, the threat of them going soggy is very real. Use 3M™ General Purpose Masking Tape to temporarily seal your packages and help keep your snacks fresh till the end of the trip.
- Keep your barbecue tools handy while you fire up the grill. Hang your BBQ brush or tongs right off the barbeque with Command™ Medium Outdoor Wire Hooks. They’re designed to withstand extreme temperatures, UV rays, and water.
- Scouting for the perfect place to hang your solar lights? Stick on some Scotch® Outdoor Fasteners and let them do the trick. These stick to a variety of surfaces, whether wet or dirty.
Get your hands on our camping hacks science: enter the #Campwith3M contest.
Try these camping hacks for yourself. Enter the #Campwith3M contest for your chance to win all of the 3M products mentioned above.
See full program rules here. The #CampWith3M Contest (the “Contest”) begins on June 11th, 2018 at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time and ends on June 20th, 2018 at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time. By participating in this Contest, you are signifying your agreement that you have read and agree to be legally bound by these Official Contest Rules (the “Rules”).
To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Canada and must have reached the legal age of majority in the province or territory in which he/she resides. Despite the foregoing, employees, representatives or agents (and those with whom such persons are living, whether related or not) of 3M Canada Company (the “Contest Sponsor”), its parent organization, subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, advertising/promotion agencies and any other entity involved in the development, production, administration, or fulfilment of the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”) are ineligible to enter or win.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter the Contest, You can earn one (1) Entry, as follows:
Facebook: To enter via Facebook, you must log-in to your Facebook Account and visit @3MCanada (the “Fanpage”). Next, locate the “#CampWith3M Contest” post (the “Contest Post”) that has been posted on the Fanpage. After locating the Contest Post, provide a reply to the Contest Post on the Fanpage that: (i) includes a comment that depicts, describes or otherwise reflects “What is your favourite camping tip?”. When the required steps of the entry process are completed during the Contest Period (as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion), you will automatically be eligible to earn one (1) Entry in the Contest per Facebook post.
About the Author
[enBio=Across the globe, 3M helps companies and individuals succeed every day. All while contributing to true global sustainable development through environmental protection, corporate and social responsibility and economic progress. We are applying our science to make a real impact in every person's life around the world.],[enJob=Science. Applied to Life.],[frBio=Chaque jour, 3M aide les entreprises et les gens à réussir. Tout cela en contribuant au développement durable réel par le biais de la protection de l'environnement, la responsabilité sociale en entreprise et le progrès économique. Nous appliquons notre science afin de faire une différence réel dans la vie de chaque personne dans le monde.],[frJob=]Follow on Twitter More From 3M Canada